Translate

Friday 25 March 2016

What To Use In Your Junk Journals

Lori's last post was about how to make a junk journal with links to a great video tutorial that Yvonne did. So, today I want to share some ideas about what else you can use in your junk journals. Once you start making junk journals you'll probably see every piece of paper and packaging in a different light and begin to save all those little things like receipts, tickets, clothing tags, business cards etc to glue in to your journal. You can use food packaging, mailing envelopes, old book covers or cardboard boxes to make the covers. If you have any shoe boxes lying around the house, these often have interesting patterns on them, which are great for covers.

The inside pages can be made from almost anything. This is a short list of ideas to get you started:

Tea/coffee dyed paper, old school exercise book paper, text book paper, vintage ephemera papers, such as receipts, letters etc. Junk mail, advertising brochures and leaflets, scrapbook paper, wrapping paper, wallpaper, paper bags from the bakery or supermarket, calendar pages, digital papers, watercolour/drawing paper, parchment or wax paper, children's book pages and puzzle books.

You can find lots of videos on youtube for inspiration. I've linked a few below for you to look at.

Happy crafting, Melanie.



9 comments:

  1. Great tips there Melanie, even for those who have been making them for a while, I tend to forget at times myself .. And totally agree, you do look at all types of packaging differently, even the kids now question me .. 'Mum can you use this, or am I to throw it out"... lol ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Fiona...I know what you mean, I've got the whole family looking out for interesting paper to use!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great reminder for all of us! Sometimes when I find I'm in a rut and have lost my mojo :) ...it helps tremendously to have a list to refer back to for ideas!! Thank you! Hugs,T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa for your comment...I agree it helps a lot to have a list...I have notebook that I keep adding to as I think of things ☺

      Delete
  4. This is such a great reminder for all of us! Sometimes when I find I'm in a rut and have lost my mojo :) ...it helps tremendously to have a list to refer back to for ideas!! Thank you! Hugs,T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merci à M. Benjamin de m'avoir aidé à acquérir mon prêt hypothécaire VA. C'était formidable de recevoir mon prêt de 900 000 $ US de ce prêteur. Je m'appelle Krasimir Todor, je suis belge. J'ai obtenu mon prêt auprès de ce prêteur réputé le 20 novembre 2019 et je souhaite utiliser rapidement ce support pour dire à tout le monde ici que vous pouvez acquérir n'importe quel prêt auprès de cette société de prêt crédible. Un prêteur de prêt VA n'est pas facile à trouver et il doit être recommandé par le ministère des Anciens combattants. M. Benjamin vous accordera des prêts à des taux d'intérêt bas de 2% et très rapides. Obtenez vos prêts à Email: 247officedept@gmail.com ou sur le numéro Whatsapp: + 1-989-394-3740

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks a lot for sharing. Private tutor Bethesda Will check back later for more of your articles.

    ReplyDelete